GRAB SUMMER CONTEST RULES
THE GRAB SUMMER CONTEST (THE “CONTEST”) IS INTENDED TO BE CONDUCTED IN ALBERTA ONLY AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO APPLICABLE CANADIAN LAW. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY. PARTICIPANTS MUST BE OF THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THE PROVINCE OF ALBERTA OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. VOID IN WHOLE OR PART WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE CONTEST RULES (THE “CONTEST RULES”).
- ELIGIBILITY. To be eligible for this Contest, an individual must:
be a legal resident of the province of Alberta;
be of the age of majority in his/her province or territory of residence or older at the time of entry;
be the sole owner of all right, title and interest (including copyright) in and to the Work (as defined below) submitted in connection with the Contest;
be legally able to travel to within Canada and have any and all necessary documentation as may be required for presentation to Canadian customs and airport personnel; and
if selected as a Winner (defined below), be able to travel or have four (4) family members or friends who are able to travel from Thursday, July 7, 2016 to Friday, September 30, 2016.
Employees of Inc., its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, related companies, successors and assigns (collectively “Corus”), Travel Alberta (collectively, the “Sponsors”) and Air Canada (together with the Sponsors, the “Parties“), their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, related companies, advertising and promotional agencies, judges of the Contest, any person who has been confirmed as a winner of two (2) Corus administered contests within six (6) months preceding the Contest start date indicated below and/or the immediate family (parents, children, siblings and spouse, regardless of where they are domiciled) and/or household members of any of the above are not eligible to enter.
The Parties shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Contest. Failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification. All personal and other information requested by and supplied to the Parties for the purpose of the Contest must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant should such an entrant at any stage supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
- CONTEST PERIOD. The Contest begins at 5:00 a.m. Mountain Daylight Time (“MDT”) on June 13, 2016 and ends at 11:59 p.m. MDT on June 30, 2016 (the “Contest Period“) after which time the Contest will be closed and no further entries shall be accepted.
- HOW TO ENTER.
There is no purchase necessary to enter the Contest. Enter using the method of entry outlined below. No entries will be accepted by any other means.
To enter online, complete and submit the entry form located at Globalnews老域名出售/calgary/contests (the “Calgary Contest Website”) or 老域名购买Globalnews老域名出售/edmonton/contests (the “Edmonton Contest Website”, and collectively, the “Contest Websites”).
Each entrant must submit an entry form together with a written submission about a favourite ‘hidden gem’ attraction/area to visit and explore in the province of Alberta, which shall include a description of the location and an explanation of entrant’s personal connection to the location in five hundred (500) words or less (the “Work”).
By participating in this Contest, each entrant represents and warrants that the Work: (i) does not contain any material, language or gestures that are libelous, defamatory, indecent, profane, obscene or violent and does not violate any laws relating to hate speech or otherwise; (ii) is original, solely created by the entrant and that no third party participated as an author, co-author or otherwise in the creation of the Work or any part thereof; (iii) all right, title and interest (including copyright) therein is owned and/or controlled by the entrant to the full extent necessary to enable the Sponsors to use the Work as contemplated by these Contest Rules; (iv) the Work does not infringe upon the intellectual property right, proprietary interest or other statutory or common law rights of any third party; (v) does not contain any recognizable logos or any other copyrighted material; (vi) does not contain any mention, endorsement, or “plug” any commercial product, service, venture or thing, including, without limitation, the name of your employer; and (vii) has not been submitted in connection with any other contest and/or promotional campaign.
Limit of one (1) entry per person per 24-hour period on each of the Contest Websites during the Contest Period. In the case of multiple entries on each Contest Website, only the first eligible entry will be considered.
All entries including the Work become the sole property of the Sponsors and will not be returned for any reason. Entries must be received no later than the end of the Contest Period. Entries will be declared invalid if they are late, illegible, incomplete, damaged, irregular, mutilated, forged, garbled or mechanically or electronically reproduced. Unless otherwise set out herein, no communication or correspondence will be exchanged with entrants except with those selected as a potential winner.
Entries received online shall be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the entry. For the purpose of the Contest Rules, “authorized account holder” of an e-mail address is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Any entrant may be required to provide the Sponsors with proof that they are the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with their entry.
There are two (2) prizes (each a “Prize” and together, the “Prizes”) available to be won by the Prize winners (each a “Winner” and together, the “Winners”) consisting of: round-trip economy airfare for four (4), leaving from any Air Canada serviced location in Canada, travelling to the same Air Canada serviced location in Alberta (the “Destination”).
Each Prize has an approximate value of Four Thousand One Hundred and Sixty Canadian Dollars (CDN$4160.00) where each round trip ticket has an approximately value of One Thousand and Forty Canadian Dollars (CDN $1,040.00). Actual value of each Prize will vary depending on departure city. Winners will receive Air Canada prize letters with a booking code with which the Winners may proceed to 老域名购买aircanada老域名购买 to book the flights.
Winners are not entitled to monetary difference between actual Prize value and stated approximate Prize value, if any.
The Sponsors and/or the Sponsors’ representatives will contact the Winners to coordinate the provision of the Prizes within three (3) days once such Winners have been successfully contacted and notified of his/her Prize and fulfilled the requirements set out herein.
The Winner and/or their guests (the “Guests”) must be available to travel from Thursday, July 7, 2016 through Friday, September 30, 2016. Should Winners and/or Guests be unable to travel on the dates and times designated by the Sponsors, the Prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate Winner. Winners and Guests will be responsible for any and all costs not expressly described herein including, without limitation: ground transportation, gratuities, merchandise, personal expenses of any nature for overnight layover, meals and beverages, service charges, in-flight meals and entertainment, any checked baggage fees; costs incurred to and from the departure point as the Prize originates and terminates there; obtaining sufficient personal travel and medical insurance prior to departure (if so desired or required); obtaining and carrying all necessary travel documentation, such as passports and visas and complying with customs immigrations regulations. All fees applicable to the flights (such as airport/departures taxes, security charges or third party fees, taxes or charges) are included. For clarity, the Prizes do not include accommodation.
The airline booking deadline is Sunday, July 31, 2016.
The travel end date is Friday, September 30, 2016.
Travel permitted only on regularly scheduled flights operated by Air Canada, Air Canada rouge and Air Canada Express carriers (not valid on Star Alliance partners or code sharing carriers).
No changes permitted to reservations once date of travel is confirmed.
Guests must be a Canadian resident.
Travel does not qualify for Aeroplan mileage accumulation or for mileage accumulation in any other frequent flyer program.
Winners and Guests must comply with the Contest Rules and sign and return the Release (described below).
Prizes must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, assigned, substituted or redeemed for cash, except at the sole discretion of the Parties. Any unused, unclaimed or declined portion of a Prize will be forfeited, have no cash value and the Parties shall have no obligation to provide either an alternative or value-in-kind. The Parties reserve the right, in its and their sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if a Prize (or any portion thereof) cannot be awarded for any reason.
- WINNER SELECTION.
Two (2) Winners shall be selected as follows:
On or about July 4, 2016 in Calgary, Alberta, two (2) entrants will be selected, one (1) from entries on the Calgary Contest Website and one (1) from the entries on the Edmonton Contest Website, by the Sponsors and or the Sponsors’ representatives (the “Judges”) based on the following equally weighted criteria: (i) creativity and uniqueness of the location described; and (ii) personal connection to the location described (collectively, the “Criteria”). Each entrant shall be eligible to win only one (1) Prize. The odds of being selected as a potential winner are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received by the Sponsors.
The Judges, in their absolute discretion, shall select the Winners based upon the above Criteria. The decisions of the Judges shall be final and binding and may not be challenged in any way.
EACH SELECTED ENTRANT WILL BE NOTIFIED BY TELEPHONE NO LATER THAN JULY 4, 2016 AT 10:00 A.M. MDT AND MUST RESPOND WITHIN THREE (3) BUSINESS DAYS OF NOTIFICATION. Upon notification, the selected entrant must respond by telephone or e-mail (as specified in the notification) to the contact number or e-mail address provided no later than the indicated deadline set out in the Contest Rules and/or the notification. If the selected entrant does not respond accordingly, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive a Prize and another entrant may be selected in the Sponsors’ sole discretion until such time as an entrant satisfies the terms set out herein. The Sponsors are not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a selected entrant to receive notification or for the Sponsors to receive a selected entrant’s response.
If, as a result of an error relating to the entry process, drawing or any other aspect of the Contest, there are more selected entrants than contemplated in these Contest Rules, there will be a random draw amongst all eligible Prize claimants after the Contest’s closing date to award the correct number of Prizes.
- RELEASE. Winners and Guests will be required to execute a legal agreement and release (“Release”) that confirms Winners’ and Guests’ (i) eligibility for the Contest and compliance with these Contest Rules; (ii) acceptance of the Prize as offered; (iii) release of each of the Parties and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and/or related companies and each of their employees, directors, officers, suppliers, agents, sponsors, administrators, licensees, representatives, advertising, media buying and promotional agencies (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, cost or expense arising out of participation in the Contest, participation in any Contest-related activity or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any Prize, including but not limited to costs, injuries, losses related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light, or from any and all claims of third parties arising therefrom; and (iv) grant to the Sponsors of the unrestricted right, in the Sponsors’ collective or individual discretion, to produce, reproduce, display, publish, convert, post, serve, broadcast, communicate by telecommunication, exhibit, distribute, adapt and otherwise use or re-use the Winners’ and Guests’ name, statements, image, likeness, voice and biography and the Work, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, in connection with the Contest and the promotion and exploitation thereof. The executed Release must be returned within two (2) business days of the date indicated on the accompanying letter of notification or the verification as a Winner or the selected entrant will be disqualified and the Prize forfeited.
- INDEMNIFICATION BY ENTRANT. By entering the Contest, each entrant releases and holds Releasees harmless from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to the entrant or any other person, including personal injury, death, or property damage, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from (a) their participation in the Contest or any Contest-related activity; (b) the acceptance, use, or misuse of any Prize; or (c) any breach of the Contest Rules. Each entrant agrees to fully indemnify Releasees from any and all claims by third parties relating to the entrant’s participation in the Contest, without limitation.
- RIGHTS CLEARANCE. By providing the Work to the Sponsors in connection with the Contest, each entrant shall retain all right, title and interest (including copyright) in and to the Work and shall grant to the Sponsors a worldwide, gratuitous, irrevocable, and exclusive licence to copy, modify, produce, reproduce, display, publish, exhibit, distribute, convert, adapt, post, serve, broadcast, communicate by telecommunication, transmit and otherwise use or reuse the Work for use in all media now known or hereafter devised in perpetuity beginning on the date of entry, including, but not limited to, in connection with the administration, promotion and exploitation of the Contest. Sponsors assume no responsibility for any claims of infringement of rights to copyright, privacy, personality or otherwise, and all such liability shall remain with the entrant. Sponsors reserve the right to exclude any Work on the basis of concerns relating to the rights of third parties, including but not limited to privacy, copyright, defamation, rights of personality, obscenity or hate speech, as determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. The Sponsors assume no responsibility or liability for lost, late, unintelligible/illegible, falsified, damaged, misdirected or incomplete entries, notifications, responses, replies or any Release, or for any computer, online, software, telephone, hardware or technical malfunctions that may occur, including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an entry. The Sponsors are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest. The Sponsors assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Sponsors assume no responsibility or liability in the event that the Contest cannot be conducted as planned for any reason, including those reasons beyond the control of the Sponsors, such as infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or corruption of the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, and/or the Contest Websites.
- CONDUCT. By participating in the Contest, each entrant is deemed to have executed and agrees to be bound by the Contest Rules, which will be posted at the Contest Websites and made available at Global Calgary, 222 23 Street NE, Calgary, AB T2E 7N2 and Global Edmonton, 5325 Allard Way NW, Edmonton AB T6H 5B8 throughout the Contest Period. Entrant further agrees to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsors, which shall be final and binding in all respects. The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant found to be: (a) violating the Contest Rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, and/or the Contest Websites or any related promotional website; (c) violating the terms of service, conditions of use and/or general rules or guidelines of any Inc. property or service; and/or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass the Sponsors or any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE CONTEST WEBSITES OR ANY RELATED WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
- PRIVACY / USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations is owned by the Parties and/or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
- TERMINATION. The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to terminate the Contest, in whole or in part, and/or modify, amend or suspend the Contest, and/or the Contest Rules in any way, at any time, for any reason without prior notice.
- LAW. These are the official Contest Rules. The Contest is subject to applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. The Contest Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over the Sponsors. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Contest Rules or the rights and obligations as between the entrant and the Sponsors in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Ontario without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws.
- DISCREPANCY. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
- SOCIAL MEDIA. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by any social media platforms on which the Contest may have been promoted and/or publicized. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest must be directed to Corus.